Here in this article, we will compare the swift and react native features to help you select the best one for your ios app development.
What is React Native?
What is Swift?
Swift is the official framework created by Apple. It is used to develop native apps for IOS devices, including iPhones, Apple computers, AppleWatch, and Apple TV. It operates with Apple's Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks. It is the best option for creating projects with sophisticated infrastructure, complex integrations, and native iOS features, such as in-app payment. It has 48.2K GitHub stars and 7.71K GitHub.
React Native vs. Swift- Comparison
* User Interface
As Swift is a native language designed for creating powerful IOS apps, it automatically integrates with the IOS designs and leverages all the UX principles. Simultaneously, to create a mobile app on Swift, the development team must code a native app from scratch and polish every app designs elements separately.
* Speed of coding
Swift is considered one of the most time-saving options to create an IOS app. It makes app development easier by eradicating the drawbacks of Objective C.
And on the other hand, react native is a perfect choice if you want to create an app for both the Android and IOS platforms simultaneously.
* Community and Support
Swift developers receive technical support through a public forum.
On the other hand, React Native is an open-source framework; developers receive the contribution from companies and individuals worldwide.
Performance is considered as the essential thing in mobile apps to know which framework is best. Performance is mainly determined by the three crucial factors: CPU usage, allocated memory, and energy impact for various tasks. You also need to note the speed of opening and scrolling the language list to call (frames per second).
The native mobile apps developed on Swift languages use all device possibilities, mainly graphic effects, and computational-heavy tasks.
When developers create a mobile app using React Native, they create modules to leverage internal APIs and libraries independently. As developers include a middle-man between the code and platform, there are high chances to impact the app's performance.
* Developer hourly rate
In 2020, the average Swift developers' hourly wage varied among different countries:
- In the U.S., the rate varies from $80 to $300
- In Western Europe, the rate varies from $50 to $200
- in Eastern Europe, the rate varies From $25 and $150
At the same time, the cost of one hour of React Native Developer is the following:
- In the U.S., the rate varies From $70 to $350.
- In Western Europe, the rate varies From $60 to $250.
- In Eastern Europe, the rate varies From $30 to $120.
Swift vs. React Native: what to choose for your project?
Well, Both programming languages have their own merits or demerits. You should select the programming language for your ios app on your app's requirements, app type, app's functionality, the number of users, and other factors.
To give you a clue, consider the following:
- If you want to create an app with complex user interfaces, such as a messaging app with a built-in geolocation feature, you must use Swift. Creating complex apps in native coding language is always the best option.
- If you want to create a mobile app for both iOS and Android platforms, you must go with React Native to save your time and money.
- If you want to create an app with numerous native features and APIs provided by iOS, such as media players or battery monitoring, you must go with Swift.
By choosing the right programming language for your ios app, you can lessen development costs, improve app productivity, and enhance ongoing app support.
Are you looking for proficient React Native or Swift developers? Contact the team of Mobulous. We can create the world's best ios apps for you.